Download ARM software
- Download and run Check for Updates installer from this link: https://gdmdata.com/ARMupdt/ARMupdt.exe.
- Choose to Run or Open the ARMupdt.exe file to start the Check for Updates program.
- Log in using the ARM login name and password found in your license email from GDM.
- Select the Install Updates button to install ARM and any add-ins or sponsor customizations.
- Note: Cancelling or interrupting the installation can break ARM, so please be patient during this process.
System requirements for ARM software
Requirements for ARM and its add-ins are based on minimum software required to support Microsoft .NET 4.8 runtime, plus hardware to provide adequate software performance for typical tasks. Recommended system configuration is:
Troubleshooting ARM Download
Nothing happens when trying to download ARM
- Choose to Run or Open the ARMupdt.exe file used to download ARM.
- Check that your antivirus software and firewall will allow you to install ARM software.
- Item #1 in our Required Rights document lists the URLs that must be allowed through any antivirus or firewall.
- IT may be needed to make these changes.
Unknown user name or Invalid password when logging in
- The installation login is case-sensitive. Logging in to the ARM program is not.
- Copy and paste the name and password directly from the license email sent from GDM.
- If ARM is installed but the problem occurs when logging in to the software, the license file was not installed properly.
- Select Start > All Programs > ARM folder > Check for Updates and click the Set Permissions button.
- If this message still occurs, contact GDM Support and please include the user name and password you are using.
Insufficient user rights to run Check for Updates
- ARM must download executable files (.exe) to your computer to install ARM software.
- Settings chosen by IT may prevent the installation files from downloading or being run, causing this error message.
- Please review our Required Rights document and adjust antivirus and firewall settings to allow ARM installation exe files to download and run:
- Setup.exe, Update.exe, GDMdef.exe
Check for Updates is not responding
- Sometimes Windows flags the installer as 'Not Responding' too soon, when it is actually just installing a larger file.
- Please be patient and let the installation continue to run, especially if you have a slow internet connection.
- If more than 30 minutes goes by without any progress, then close the installation and try running it again.
Activation Failed (error 9201) or Error updating registry
- These errors occur when ARM is unable to save activation information to the local computer.
- First, try running the Set Permissions tool found on the Check for Updates window.
- Start > All Programs > ARM folder > Check for Updates > (log in) > Set Permissions button.
- If that does not work, have IT review items 2-6 in our Required Rights document to resolve these types of errors.